27.9.11

Longest Tuesday Ever

I suppose the real title of this entry should be "Longest Tuesday Ever:  and a brief catch up on the last few weekends" or "Longest Entry Ever" :p but here it goes::::

Sorry I haven't been exactly vigilant about keeping this blog updated. Between work, fun weekends and long commutes I generally either forget or just end up too exhausted, but I do take photos in the high hopes that I DO update! Which means I have a ton of backlogged photos to post for you now!

Starting with Boston! Which by the way was an AWESOME trip. I LOVE BOSTON and I hope I get to live there one day. On Saturday I got to spend the early part of the day wondering through Boston with my bf (lets call him "C") and we ended up at a great restaurant right by the water that was surprisingly cheap and I had clam chowder and fries which reminded me of home and tasted delicious. Then later the two of us met up with my other friends and we all headed over to a free concert in the park which had Sara Bareilles, who was super good- I knew a couple of her bigger hits but she was really just a great performer. Overall, I LOVE BOSTON.

Me and Norm!
Beautiful Boston view



Now back to New York and other photos I've been hoarding:
Creeeeeepy

My morning commute
Best Mood-Picker-Upper
Max Brenner Hot Cocoa

Then this past weekend C and I agreed to animal sit for my "roomies" aka the amazing friends who let me sleep in their guest room. They have one giant puppy Dexter and a cat Baxter who were a lot of work but otherwise it was a great relaxing weekend that I was in much need of.

And now on to today.
Today was a long day.
Going into it I knew it would be long and throughout a good portion of it it didn't even feel long. In fact, the only real moments that it did feel long was on the commutes.

This morning was the commute from hell.
Instead of being able to take the 40 min, super easy, very chillaxed bus ride I was forced to take the subway --> ferry --> subway combo which had to have been some unfortunate act of God or more likely human stupidity as it was due to a truck collision on one of the bridges I usually take. Of course this inconvenient situation was only made worse by this being the one morning in the four weeks I've been working that I actually had somewhere to be at 8:50! It was probably the most stressed I've ever been on a commute. Needless to say however, when I finally did arrive (16min late) no one really seemed to care and the day went off without a hitch :p I suppose there was no need for the huge stress knots in my shoulders!

(oh and did I mention the ferry also had technical difficulties and was delayed?! luckily only by 2 or 3 min)


Anyways the rest of the day went really well and I can't say I'm too disappointed that I have to work in Manhattan every day, after all there are days when I get to snap photos like this:


And the rest of the week should be a breeze after all the stress and eventfulness of today! That is if I can go back to taking the bus again :p

Talk to you soon!
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment